Look inside the driver’s side door jam to know the recommended tire pressure for your VW.
Tips for Tire Pressure
• Tire pressure should be checked when the tires are cold (i.e. not driven for 3 hours or for more than a couple of kms).
• Check tire pressure, monthly, in the morning and before long road trips.
• Always keep your tire pressure at the VW recommended level.
• Check tire pressure if there has been a rapid change in the outside temperature. If the outside temperature increases 10 degrees F, the tire pressure will increase by up to 2 PSI.
• The automated tire gauges at most gas stations are not reliable. Under-inflate according to their gauge and then verify with your own gauge.
Do you need a tire gauge? Stop by and pick up a FREE tire gauge.
Under-Inflated Tires Will Not Maintain Their Shape
• Causing them to lose traction
• Possibly increase hydroplaning in wet weather
• Reduce fuel economy
• Wear unevenly and prematurely
• Low tire pressure can cause tires to get too hot, resulting in tread separation.
• High-speed driving in high temperatures could cause a blowout!
• Give a rougher ride because they are more rigid.
• Cause premature wearing in the middle.
• They are also more prone to hydroplaning in wet weather.
• They are more likely to be damaged by hitting potholes or other debris on the road.